Last updated: Nov 1, 2022
Thank you for using Coupang.
3. Use of Coupang Services
- If you are under the age of 20 or the legal age prescribed under the applicable law, please use the Coupang Services through your parents’ or legal representative’s account under their involvement.
- If there is any change in your membership details registered through Coupang E-commerce, please reflect such change on your Coupang account details.
- You are responsible for managing your account’s user ID and password. Please do not provide or disclose your ID or password to any third party, or allow any third party to use your ID or password. You will be responsible for any action taken using your account.
- If we become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or we deem it necessary, we may restrict or suspend the use of your account and relevant transactions without notice.
4. Provision of, and Changes to, Coupang Services
Subject to the preceding Article and paragraph, we may, at our discretion and without prior notice, refuse to provide the Coupang Services, cancel the license to use the Coupang Services set forth in Article 7 below, delete or edit any content of the Coupang Services, , deactivate your account, cancel your orders, or change or suspend any campaigns, promotions, etc. We will not be liable for any damage or losses suffered by you as a result of the foregoing.
5. Personal Information
Any personal information relating to you that we acquire in connection with the provision of the Coupang Services will be handled in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Please read our Privacy Notice for details.
6. Electronic Notices
- You consent to communicate with us and declare intent to receive communications from us electronically.
- We may send notices to you by e-mail, SMS, notifications made through Coupang E-commerce (e.g. our app’s push notifications) or telephone. Notices to unspecified customers may be posted through Coupang E-commerce instead of giving notices to individual customers. You agree that, through these notices, the communication set forth in these notices will be deemed to have been made in writing.
- You may, at any time, refuse to receive such notices, except in relation to guidelines that we send to you in order to satisfy any obligations under applicable laws and regulations, our responses to inquiries received from you, and information relating to transactions made through Coupang E-commerce.
- Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in any copyrighted work prepared by us will belong to us. We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial and personal license to use Coupang E-commerce and the Coupang Services (including accounts, IDs, etc. that are required for their use) in accordance with all terms and conditions specified by us. You must not assign, transfer or sublicense the aforesaid license, or use the aforesaid license for any purpose other than the ordinary use of Coupang E-commerce or the Coupang Services, such as the ordering of products.
The rights to all trademarks and logos displayed through Coupang E-commerce belong to us or third parties. Accordingly, you must not use them without the prior written consent of us or their owners.
9. Content Provided by Customers
- You may post textual, audio, photographic, video and other content ("User Content"), such as reviews on products, through Coupang E-commerce. You agree to grant to us the right, including a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, complete and sub-licensable license, to use, reproduce, change, adapt, make publicly available, translate, create secondary works, distribute, and display to the world in any form of media, the User Content. This license will continue even if you stop using the Coupang Services or your account has been suspended.
- You represent and warrant that: (1) you are the exclusive owner of all User Content, or have all rights to grant the rights relating to the User Content that are set forth above; (2) your posting of the User Content, our use of the User Content, etc. will not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights or other rights, or constitute a violation of applicable laws and regulations; and (3) the User Content is accurate.
- We will have the right to monitor the content of all User Content, and edit or delete any User Content that we deem inappropriate (including, without limitation, anything that violates laws or regulations, or is factually incorrect, violent, obscene, defamatory, or infringes any person’s right to privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights). Such monitoring is not an obligation on us, and we will have no obligation or responsibility in respect of any User Content.
10. Claims Relating to Intellectual Property Rights
If you believe that any copyright or other intellectual property right that belongs to you has been infringed in connection with Coupang E-commerce, please contact us using the contact details set forth in Article 17 below.
11. Use of Google Maps and Google Translate
The Coupang Services incorporate Google Maps’ functions and contents, and may contain translations or other services powered and provided by Google (collectively, the “Google Services”). You understand and agree that the use of the Google Services requires you to abide by the terms and policies set forth below. If you fail to comply with any of the following terms or policies, we will have the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Coupang Services.
You may not use the Google Services or any part thereof for the following purposes:
- infringing, or promoting the infringement of, legal rights of other persons (including the infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property rights of other persons);
- engaging in, promoting and encouraging misconduct;
- any purpose that is illegal, invasive, infringing, defamatory or fraudulent (including phishing, pyramid schemes and website mirroring);
- any purpose related to sexual content, services and products (including escort services, erotic massage services, pornographic images and sex-related devices);
- deliberately distributing viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupt files, fraudulent information, or other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- interfering with the use by users of the Coupang Services, delivery company staff or other related persons of the Google Services functions, or equipment for the provision of the Google Services functions;
- invalidating, interfering with or avoiding any aspect of the Google Services functions;
- generating, distributing, making publicly available or promoting unapproved mass emails, promotions, advertisements or other solicitations; or
- All Coupang Services, products, information, contents, etc. provided through Coupang E-commerce are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, unless otherwise stipulated in writing. We make no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with regard to the nature of the Coupang Services, the information displayed on Coupang E-commerce (including product descriptions), the contents of Coupang E-commerce, or any products or services provided through Coupang E-commerce, including any representations or warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied representations or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. You will be solely responsible for the use of Coupang E-commerce and the Coupang Services.
- We do not warrant that the information, contents, servers and electronic notices sent by us, which are displayed through Coupang E-commerce or the Coupang Services will not be infected with viruses or other harmful elements.
- In addition to the above, to the extent permitted by laws and regulations, we will not be liable to you for any damage or losses (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential losses) arising out of the use of Coupang or the Coupang Services.
- If any of the events set forth below occurs, we will have the right to suspend, change or terminate any of the Coupang Services, and we will not be liable for any damage or losses (including loss of profits that were expected from the use of the Coupang Services) suffered by you as a result of such suspension, change or termination:
- any natural disaster, intervention, order or request of a governmental agency, or epidemic, or any other force majeure event that is equivalent to the foregoing;
- any inability to continue the provision of the Coupang Services due to a change in the nature of our business, a transfer of a business to a third party or any other reason; or
- any maintenance, inspection, replacement of any telecommunications equipment, or any disruption of communication.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if you are unable to use the Coupang Services due to any reason that is attributable to you, we will not be liable for any damage or losses incurred by you that arise out of or in connection with such inability to use the Coupang Services.
14. Sanctions and Export Control
If you are subject to any sanctions imposed under U.S. sanctions laws, you will not be permitted to use the Coupang Services.
You will be obligated to comply with all applicable export and re-export control laws, including U.S. export control laws, in connection with all products, software, technology and services provided through the Coupang Services.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Taiwan Taipei District Court will have jurisdiction in the first instance over any dispute between the parties relating to the Coupang Services.
17. Contact Details
Company Name: Coupang Taiwan Co., Ltd.
Statutory Representative: Harold Lynn Rogers
Correspondence Address: 13F-1, No. 7, Sec. 5, Xinyi Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 11049, Taiwan (R.O.C.)